Family law services are provided to a large number of clients through LSEM's Lasting Solutions Program. This program is designed to provide holistic services to clients (overwhelmingly domestic violence survivors) that address not only their legal needs but also social service referrals and case management provided by a MSW level social worker.
Often survivors of domestic violence face formidable barriers in removing themselves and their children from the cycle of violence that has controlled their lives. The Lasting Solutions Program assists clients who seek a "lasting solution" to ending the problem of family violence in their lives and is devoted to helping clients as they rebuild their lives.
The Lasting Solutions Family Law Program handles many different types of family law and domestic violence cases, which may fit your situation, if, for example:
- You need an Order of Protection to protect you from domestic violence;
- You are a victim of domestic violence and the abuser has filed for an Order of Protection against you;
- You are trying to keep custody of your child and are not married to the other parent;
- You have filed for divorce or your spouse has filed for divorce and the main issue is custody of your child (ren);
- You have filed for divorce or your spouse has filed for divorce and the main issue is how to divide the property and debts acquired during your marriage;
- You have filed for divorce or your spouse has filed for divorce and the main issue is whether or not you should get maintenance (used to be called "alimony");
- You have custody of your child and your child has been taken by the non-custodial parent;
- You are divorced and need to enforce a provision of your divorce judgment;
- You are divorced and need to change a provision of your divorce judgment;
- You are divorced and your former spouse is trying to change a provision of your divorce judgment; or
- You are divorced and your former spouse is trying to enforce a provision of your divorce judgment.
The staff in LSEM's Lasting Solutions Program also works collaboratively with many local agencies serving the needs of survivors of family violence to ensure that their clients-families receive the individualized services they need as they begin to rebuild their lives.
- Robert Boedeker, Staff Attorney
- Ashley Kemper, Staff Attorney
- Jackie Matreci, Staff Attorney
- Cheryl Rafert, Staff Attorney
- Laura Halfmann, Social Worker
- Edna Byrd, Paralegal
- Tonya Watson, Paralegal
To open a printable pdf version of the Program Brochure, please click here.
Other Helpful Resources
- 24 Hour Crisis Help Line (at Safe Connections): (314) 531-2003
- The Missouri Bar Association's handbook on Domestic Violence and the Law (PDF)
Some of Our Area Partners:
- Alternatives to Living in Violent Environments (ALIVE)
- Bridgeway Women's Center
- Life Source Consultants
- Lydia's House
- Missouri Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Redevelopment Opportunities for Women
- St. Louis County Domestic and Family Violence Council Resource List
- Saint Martha's Hall
- Safe Connections
- Woman's Place
- The Women's Safe House
- YWCA Women's Resource Center/St. Louis Regional Sexual Assault Center
- Kathy J. Weinman Shelter (314) 423-1117