The Children’s Legal Alliance helps parents advocate for their children in school. We help students with disabilities, students experiencing homelessness, students in foster care, and students who have been suspended or expelled. We help parents to be champions for their children.
We help kids with:
- Getting special education services through an IEP or Section 504 plan.
- Getting better special education services if current services are not working.
- Advocating for children if the school is refusing to provide services in the IEP.
- Suspension and expulsion appeals.
- Out-of-school learning for kids who are suspended or expelled.
- Enrolling homeless students in school and advocating for transportation to school.
- Educational advocacy for children in foster care.
- Advocacy for LGBTQ+ students.
- Helping parents be better champions for their child’s education.
Contact us at:
Dan Underwood, Managing Attorney
Maggie LaMore, Program Director
Mary Anthony, Office Manager
Kim Carlson, Outreach Coordinator
Breonna Kasarov, Attorney