WHO WE SERVE
We provide free civil legal assistance, advice and information for low-income people and the elderly in 21 eastern Missouri counties. Clients must meet financial eligibility based on household incomes or meet other qualifications for consultation or representation. Information and training services are free and open to the public. Interpreters are available for the hearing impaired and accessibility accommodations are available, as needed.
WHAT WE DO
Legal Services’ staff includes attorneys, paralegals, social workers, support staff and volunteers.
We remove the legal barriers to help low-income families overcome poverty and violence, maintain or obtain independence, and to achieve self-sufficiency.
- Representation in courts and administrative hearings;
- Providing legal advice or referral information;
- Assisting with community-based economic development;
- Giving legal education through community workshops and other materials;
- Offering professional training for attorneys, volunteers and others.