Annual CLE Session:
Revitalizing Communities through Legal Advocacy.
Wednesday, September 28, 2022
12:00 pm – 1:00pm – via Zoom
Join us for a free one-hour CLE Session looking at opportunities
for legal advocacy with Legal Services’ Neighborhood Vacancy Initiative.
St. Louis is awash in vacant property. In the City of St. Louis alone, almost 6% of housing stock – 7,663 buildings – are vacant.
This CLE will share information on the legal tools that NVI and its pro bono partners use to help empower communities to stabilize, preserve homeownership for existing residents, and begin the work of reversing decades-old disinvestment trends to create neighborhoods of economic opportunity that better serve the needs of the low-income residents who live there.
- Peter Hoffman, Legal Services’ Neighborhood Vacancy Initiative
- Shonte Jamison, St. Louis County Landbank Coalition
- Rachel Waterman, Legal Services’ Neighborhood Vacancy Initiative
1. Introduction/Overview of Problem
2. Discussion of Legal Strategies
i. Prevention Strategies – Estate Planning, Beneficiary Deeds, Circuit Breaker Tax Credits
ii. Litigation Strategies – Common Law/Statutory Nuisance, Receivership, Abandoned Housing Act
3. Systemic Solutions to Vacancy in St. Louis County – Tax Foreclosure and Land Banking.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS CLE IS NOW CLOSED.
This CLE has been approved for 1.0 hours of Missouri CLE credits.
If you have any questions about this CLE Session, please contact Jennifer Slosar at email@example.com