If interested in providing assistance, please click the button below and complete a the short contact form including the case number.
Please complete and submit the following form and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.
Volunteer Lawyers help “level the field” by providing access to justice for Legal Services’ clients. Areas of law include:
- Guardianships – Child and disabled adult
- Alternatives to Guardianships – Temporary transfers of custody and relative caregiver affidavits
- Estate Planning – Drafting wills, powers of attorney, advanced directives and beneficiary deeds
- Family law – Representation of domestic violence survivors in orders of protection, divorces, paternity & custody actions
- Housing/Tenant Representation – Associate circuit court representation and negotiations in residential tenant eviction actions
- Immigration – Naturalizations and permanent resident status applications
- Unemployment matters – Preliminary appeals (telephone hearings) from denials of MO unemployment benefits
- Consumer actions – Collection of judgments on behalf of low-income individuals (ie. tenants seeking to recoup judgments against landlords)
- Community Economic Development – Microenterprise Assistance and Vacant Property Initiative
Join the VLP Team and help in one of the following ways:
COMMUNITY CLINICS: Legal advice to individuals
REPRESENT: Legal representation for clients.
EDUCATE/TRAIN: Presentations to community organizations and/or CLEs for other volunteers.
MENTOR: Provide guidance by supporting another volunteer’s professional development.
FUNDING: Support Legal Services by making a donation to support VLP.
- Franklin County
- Jefferson County
- Lincoln County
- St. Charles County
- St. Louis City
- St. Louis County
- Warren County