COVID-19 Information & Resources
If you need help in any of the following areas please call Legal Services of Eastern Missouri today at 314.534.4200 or 800.444.0514 or CLICK HERE to complete an online application now.
FOOD STAMPS, UNEMPLOYMENT & OTHER BENEFITS
Visit the Department of Social Services COVID-19 webpage for the most up-to-date information about changes to Food Stamps.
Apply for unemployment benefit online or call the Missouri Dept. of Labor for the St. Louis region at 314.340.4950.
Apply for food stamps online or call the Missouri Dept. of Social Services at 1.855.FSD.INFO (1.855.373.4636).
Note that most people will need to do a phone interview after they apply for Food Stamps. The Family Support Division may call or text you to complete this interview. You can also call 1.855.823.4908 the day after you apply to complete your interview. If you call this number and cannot get through to do your interview, call Legal Services Public Benefits Program at 314.534.4200.
- CLICK HERE to see all the food-share events scheduled by the St. Louis Area Foodbank and it’s community partners.
- Operation Foodsearch has a Food Pantry locator app to help connect you to resources.
- To check on the status of your food stamps claim, CLICK HERE
- CLICK HERE for a presentation about Unemployment benefits by STL TV and Legal Services.
- CLICK HERE for an info sheet about Unemployment Benefits in Missouri during the COVID-19 crisis.
- CLICK HERE to see the slides from the 5/7/2020 presentation on Missouri Unemployment benefits or CLICK HERE to see the presentation in full.
- CLICK HERE to see the slides from the 4/2/2020 presentation on Missouri Food Stamps or CLICK HERE to see the presentation in full.
Medicaid should not end in 2020 for most people who have active coverage due to the ongoing Public Health Emergency.
If you are kicked off Medicaid, call us at 314.534.4200.
- CLICK HERE for an info sheet on 2021 Missouri Healthcare coverage options.
- CLICK HERE for the slides from the 11/12/2020 Facebook Live presentation on Medicaid Expansion.
- CLICK HERE to go to the Missouri Dept. of Social Services website to learn more about Medicaid and to apply online now.
- CLICK HERE to see the slides from the 5/21/2020 presentation on Missouri Medicaid and Other Health Coverage Options, or CLICK HERE to see the presentation in full.
FAMILY LAW AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
IF YOU ARE IN IMMEDIATE DANGER, PLEASE CALL 911 FOR HELP OR CONTACT:
the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800.799.7233
or the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 800.656.4673
- CLICK HERE for a fact sheet on Family Law during COVID-19.
- CLICK HERE to see the slides from the 4/21/2020 presentation on Family Law & Domestic Violence, or CLICK HERE to see the presentation in full.
- CLICK HERE for a fact sheet about Children’s Division Investigations.
REMEMBER: SELF-HELP EVICTIONS ARE ILLEGAL UNDER MISSOURI LAW
Landlords may only evict tenants through a court process and may only enforce eviction orders with a sheriff present. It is unlawful for a landlord to turn off your utilities, enter your home without your permission, change your locks or physically remove you from your home.
CLICK HERE to go to the CDC Anti-Eviction Order page
- RENTAL & MORTGAGE ASSISTANCE, St. Louis City – St. Louis City has allocated $5.4 million dollars of its CARES Act funding to assist City residents with their rental & mortgage payments. City Residents, CLICK HERE for information on how to apply.
- CLICK HERE for a Tenant’s Rights fact sheet.
- CLICK HERE for a flyer of Housing Support Resources
- CLICK HERE for an EVICTION fact sheet
- CLICK HERE to see the slides from the 4/13/2020 presentation on Housing Rights & COVID-19 or CLICK HERE to view the presentation in full.
- CLICK HERE for a Frequently Asked Questions Sheet for the CARES Act
- CLICK HERE for Mortgage Relief options from the CFPB.
Can’t afford your rent?
Use this link to create a letter to your landlord communicating that you’re struggling financially and reminding them of federal protections that may prevent your eviction.
- CLICK HERE for an info sheet about your education rights during the COVID-19 restrictions.
- CLICK HERE for an info sheet about education rights for homeless students.
- CLICK HERE for the slides form the 8/20/2020 Facebook Live presentation on School Discipline.
- CLICK HERE to see the slides from the 5/19/20 presentation on Special Education and COVID-19 or CLICK HERE to see the presentation in full.
- CLICK HERE for the slides from the 8/6/2020 presentation on education rights for homeless students or CLICK HERE to see the presentation in full.
- CLICK HERE to see the slides from the 5/4/2020 presentation on Avoiding Coronavirus Scams or CLICK HERE to see the presentation in full.
- Check out tips from the Federal Trade Commission on how to avoid COVID-19 scams
- Information about Student Loans and COVID-19 HERE
- For a fact sheet about Student Loans & COVID-19 CLICK HERE
- CLICK HERE to see the slides from the 5/11/2020 presentation on Student Loans & COVID-19 or CLICK HERE to see the presentation in full.
SMALL BUSINESS RESOURCES
- This SELF-HELP SHEET has information and resources to help small businesses and nonprofits
- CLICK HERE to see the slides from the 5/28/2020 presentation on Legal Info for Businesses as they Re-Open or CLICK HERE to view the presentation in full.
- CLICK HERE to see the slides from the 5/18/2020 presentation on Business Contracts & Leases under COVID-19 or CLICK HERE to view the presentation in full.
- UTILITY ASSISTANCE is now available in ST. LOUIS CITY with $3 million in electric and gas utility assistance for residents from the CARES Act through a partnership with Cooldownstlouis.org and heatupstlouis.org over the next 18 months. CLICK HERE for more information.
- CLICK HERE for the slideshow from the 4/27/2020 presentation on Estate Planning or CLICK HERE to see the presentation in full.
- CLICK HERE to visit the International Institute’s COVID-19 page with additional resources for immigrants.
- CLICK HERE for information about changes to the Public Charge requirements for immigration.
This public charge flyer is also available in four additional languages:
HAGA CLIC AQUÍ para obtener información sobre los cambios en los requisitos de Carga Pública para inmigración
KLIKNITE OVDJE za informacije o izmjenama koje se odnose na uslove za Socijalni Slučaj imigracije.
NHẤP VÀO ĐÂY để biết thông tin về các thay đổi đối với các yêu cầu Gánh Nặng Công Cộng cho các di dân.
.“انقر هنا” للحصول على معلومات حول التغييرات في متطلبات الرسوم العامة للهجرة